Monday, July 18, 2005

A sunny and gloomy day

Today was the type of day that makes you forget about the other 304 and a 1/2 rainy days we have had this year in Vancouver.

I worked at the ropes course today and had an interesting group of kids from Delta, BC. Eventually they learned how to work together in order to make the day a lot more fun for everyone. I really enjoy seeing the excitement of a person when they do something they don't think they can and succeed. I get to see this a lot on the ropes course.

Although it was a sunny day outside for many it seemed very gloomy. When I got home from the ropes course, I found out that many people and animals had been pushed into eternity. Specifically, my wife saw a patient she knew pass away for the first time today. Also a friendly Beluga whale passed away today at the Vancouver Aquarium. I got the opportunity to see this whale a couple weeks ago when I went to the Aquarium with a couple of 7 year olds named Nick and Andrew. Also I found out that my friend Matt, a student at the University of Arkansas, lost a fraternity brother in a car accident yesterday. Finally a tragedy occurred in a town close to our parents. Two toddlers drowned in a backyard pool. Please pray for the families and friends who will be mourning the loss of their loved ones.

When people you know and love pass away it is difficult to go back and do things the way you did the day before. I don't know how I could handle the loss of people without the hope that this earth is not the end of our journey. I do know that is still hurts beyond expression to lose people you love.

No comments: